Lutetia's theatre was built in a completely classical style. It consisted of semicircular rows of seats with a rectangular stage built across the circle's diameter. The building's façade had a gallery through which spectators passed in order to reach the cavea.
Théodore Vacquer discovered the building, and oversaw its excavation in a series of projects carried out between 1861 and 1884. The various excavations took place in the cellars of the Lycée Saint-Louis, on Boulevard Saint-Michel, during the digging of a sewer in Rue Racine and on the site of the Ecole de Médecine.
M.-O. Agnes and